Webinar: Prevention, Assessment, and Treatment of Childhood Obesity; What Does Success Look Like?
- Thursday, December 06, 2012
American Academy of Pediatrics Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Alliance for a Healthier Generation
Date & Location:
December 6th, 2012 | 12:30-1:30 ET (11:30-12:30 CT)
Live-course delivered through an Internet-based webinar:
Looking for successful clinical models of care for childhood obesity? Join us to hear from two clinician teams who successfully helped their pediatric patient reach their weight-loss goals.
You should join this webinar if you are:
• A primary care provider or registered dietitian providing care to children between the ages of 3-18.
• Interested in hearing case studies describing how providers were able to fully engage their pediatric patients to achieve successful weight loss.
• Interested in learning how the Healthier Generation Benefit is used as a platform to deliver effective weight management care.
Michelle Hall, FNP and Penny Crumpton, RD LDN from Caswell Family Medical Center
Dr. John Moore, MD and Brooke Mercedes, RD, CSSD from Botetourt Pediatrics, Carilion Clinic Children’s Hospital
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to—
• Learn how to overcome barriers to successfully implementing weight-loss interventions to pediatric patients.
• Understand the goals of the Healthier Generation Benefit.
• Learn how the Healthier Generation Benefit relates to your practice and implementation through participating organizations.
• Learn how to use the Healthier Generation Benefit as a platform for reimbursement.