Resources - Videos-Webinars-Trainings
This list is designed as a launching point to explore diversity, inclusion, equity, and access. We will do our best to curate a diverse body of voices and material. However, it is not exhaustive nor in a particular order. We welcome your feedback so that this is a useful resource to our membership.
Kindly note that the views and opinions expressed in each of the resources below are those of the authors and content creators, and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the Oregon and Washington Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Show Your Plate: Cultural Adaptations to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans - recorded session from FNCE® 2021.
- The Adaway Group - “The Adaway Group is a black woman-owned consulting firm that brings together multi-racial teams to work on projects related to equity, inclusion, and social justice.”
- Whiteness at Work (by The Adaway Group) - “We created Whiteness at Work to help organizations disrupt white dominant culture, repair harm, and build something new.”
- Creative Reaction Lab - “Creative Reaction Lab was founded in support of the Uprising in Ferguson. Today, Creative Reaction Lab is building a youth-led, community-centered movement of a new type of Civic Leader: Redesigners for Justice.”
- Be Nourished - “Be Nourished is founded on the idea that we are all born feeling at home in our bodies with remarkable instincts to trust and care for them. Body Trust® is a birthright. Our passion is helping people create lives that are body-compassionate, honor our instincts, rhythms, and intuition, and move towards a liberatory and trusting way to be in their bodies and with themselves.”
Community Courses and Retreats, Provider Trainings and Workshops
- Indigenous Canada - “...a 12-lesson Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) from the Faculty of Native Studies that explores the different histories and contemporary perspectives of Indigenous peoples living in Canada.”
- Unconscious Bias: From Awareness to Action | edX - “Learn in-demand leadership skills necessary to manage unconscious bias in your workplace.”
- Facing Racism and Emotional Tax in the Workplace | edX - “...this course is designed to help you understand the impact of racism and some strategies to address it. This introductory course will help you advance your individual learning by focusing on key concepts and behaviors, and skills you can develop to live anti-racist values.”
- Health Across the Gender Spectrum | edX - “This course offers an intimate, story-based introduction to the experiences of six transgender children and their families. Through illustrated stories and short teaching videos, learners will gain a better understanding of gender identity and the gender spectrum.”
- Race, Gender and Workplace Equity Professional Certificate | edX - “...empowers leaders, from the frontline to the C-suite, with critical knowledge and skills needed to build more inclusive workplaces, manage diverse teams, and serve diverse clients and customers.”
- TED: The link between health and racism - “Learn about the detrimental (and even deadly) impact racism has on our minds and bodies — and what society can do to heal and support the wellbeing of all.”