- Corvallis, OR
- posted January 23, 2024
This position supports undergraduate and graduate training and instruction in the College of Health, School of Public Health and Nutrition, in the Nutrition Program. The Nutrition undergraduate program includes two nationally accredited (ACEND) programs: a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) and Dietetic Internship (DI). Additional program options within the Nutrition Program include Nutrition and Foodservice, Culinary, and Food Systems (NFCFS) and Nutrition and Health Sciences (NHS). Our Graduate programs include a doctoral program (PhD) and a master’s of science (MS) in nutrition with an additional track in professional dietetics (MS-PD).
This position requires teaching primarily in the fields of food service systems, management of food and nutrition programs, quantity food production, connections between food and health, food systems, food science and cultural foods.
This position will also oversee the management of the foods laboratories, serve as the liaison with Linn Benton Community College (LBCC) in the OSU/LBCC shared Nutrition in Foodservice degree, Culinary track, and contribute to the mission of the Moore Family Center for Whole Grain Foods, Nutrition and Preventive Health.
This highly collaborative position will work within all aligned OSU and community programs and will have a critical role in fulfillment of program accreditation requirements and the preparation of undergraduate and graduate students for careers in food and nutrition.
75% - Teaching and Advising:
• Teach food and nutrition courses to undergraduate and graduate students. Teaching at OSU may entail delivery of courses through OSU’s nationally renowned Extended Campus (Ecampus) program as well as through traditional in-seat delivery.
• Develop course proposals, course content, and syllabi for new classes.
• In collaboration with faculty in the College of Health, collaborate in ongoing efforts related to student success that supports the goals of the unit and college.
• May serve as committee member for graduate students.
• May collaborate with partners at OSU, OSU Extension, and community-based programs to develop service-based and experiential learning opportunities for students.
15% - Coordination
• Serve as the Coordinator for the Nutrition and Foodservice, Culinary, and Food Systems degree option (NFCFS), with two tracks: Foodservice/Culinary and Food Systems. Serve as liaison with Linn Benton Community College (LBCC) in the OSU/LBCC shared Nutrition and Foodservice degree, Culinary track.
• Manage foods laboratories and activities relative to undergraduate instruction in the food labs, including supervising GTAs and a student worker, managing budgets for laboratory purchases, reporting expenditures to the School Head, managing inventory of foods lab storeroom, ensuring regular maintenance of foods lab equipment, auditing and maintaining cleanliness standards, and coordinating/communicating with the Moore Family Center for scheduling use of the lab spaces.
• Contribute to the mission of the Moore Family Center for Whole Grain Foods, Nutrition and Preventive Health by fostering student success in the area of foods and nutrition.
• Perform ongoing program evaluation and needs assessment activities in order to refine program strengths and address weaknesses.
10% - Service:
• Participate actively as a member of the university community and one’s professional community including administrative committees, search committees, and university governance activities.
• Provide service to the School, College, and University in the form of participation in faculty meetings and appropriate school and college committees and providing service to the profession.
• Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) credential or RDN-eligibility.
• PhD in Nutrition, Foodservice, Food Science, Hospitality Management, or closely related discipline
• Teaching experience in a university or community college.
• Work experience in culinary or foods/foodservice management
• Experience with supervision of employees or students.
• Experience with curricular development at the university level.
• Experience with online course development or delivery.