Dietitian (Facility Program Coordinator)-Healthy Teaching Kitchen/RRTP
- White City, OR
- posted March 10, 2023
$82,830 - $107,680 per year
Dietitians in this assignment serve as a Facility Program Coordinator leading a multidisciplinary team. They are administratively responsible for a specialty program and provide program-specific leadership, guidance and direction, technical advice, and staff development. Facility Program Coordinators have oversight responsibilities for program, policy, and procedure development, set goals, monitor, and redefine priorities and may have an active role in the fiscal management for the program. They direct or participate in the design of research activities or quality improvement studies, including data collection and analysis. Facility Program Coordinators have oversight of and are responsible for developing and maintaining training and reference materials. May supervise up to two people and plan, organize, delegate, direct, control and review activities and performance.
United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
Registration: (1) All applicants must hold the RDN credential from the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) the credentialing agency of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Note: Applicants who hold the RDN credential have met the education requirement (e.g. bachelor's degree or higher) of CDR, as such this occupation is considered professional and scientific with a positive education requirement and the procedures in Part I, Chapter 4 of this Handbook will be followed when applying Veteran's preference.
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
- In addition to the experience above, the candidate must demonstrate the following KSAs:
- Ability to develop, maintain, and supervise a system of internal reviews and direct quality control and performance improvement studies to assure compliance with various accrediting, regulatory, and agency authorities.
- Knowledge of the principles of program management and oversight required to develop program goals and objectives, administer and monitor program, evaluate program outcomes/accomplishments, set and redefine priorities, and implement effective solutions in processes/systems as needed.
- Ability to act as a consultant for staff.
- Ability to determine the continuing education needs of program staff and appropriate resources to meet those needs.
- Ability to manage and establish program goals and objectives, plan and administer a program, coordinate associated activities and resources, evaluate program accomplishments, redefine priorities, problem solve, and modify objectives.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online.
To apply for this position, you must complete the full questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 03/28/2023 to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account.
Follow the prompts to select your USA JOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
Click Submit My Answers to submit your application package.