Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Call for Nutrition Care Manual (NCM)® Board of Editors Applicants
- Thursday, January 25, 2018 - Saturday, March 31, 2018
Details:The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is issuing a call for interested applicants for Board of Editors positions for the Nutrition Care Manual (NCM®).
The Board of Editors (BOE) of the NCM® is the group of individuals that advises the Editor-in-Chief (EIC) about the accuracy and level of acceptability of manuscripts under consideration for publication. In conjunction with the NCM® EIC, the Board is charged with publishing scientifically credible manuscripts that are relevant to the dietetics profession, to the members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy), and to interested readers in other allied health professions. The NCM® BOE consists of several expert Registered Dietitian Nutritionists who, based on evidence of their expertise, represent all areas of adult clinical nutrition practice. The EIC serves as the chair of the BOE, appointing the members of the BOE for a 3-year renewable term. The NCM® BOE will take office when the elected officers of the Academy assume their offices (June 1st–May 31st).
Content experts for the following topics are encouraged to apply for an NCM® BOE position by March 31, 2018.
• Behavioral Health
• Cardiovascular Disease
• Critical Illness
• Developmental Disabilities
• Diabetes Mellitus
• Drug-Nutrient Interactions
• Eating Disorders
• Food Allergies
• Food Safety
• Gastrointestinal Conditions (general, upper, and lower)
• Normal Nutrition
• Inborn Errors of Metabolism
• Metabolic Syndrome
• Musculoskeletal Conditions
• Neurological Conditions
• Older Adult Nutrition
• Organ Transplant
• Oral Health
• Pulmonary Conditions
• Renal Conditions
• Vegetarian Nutrition
• Weight Management
Requirements and Qualifications:
Members of the NCM® BOE are selected for their stature in the field of dietetics, their experience providing evidence-based care while using the Nutrition Care Process, their own clinical nutrition publications, a thorough understanding of evidence-based nutrition care, an appreciation for the application of the science of dietetics, expertise in a particular area(s) of dietetics practice, and cooperation in responding in a timely, helpful, constructive manner.
• Education: Candidates for this position must be registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in practice and/or research, 3 years of work experience related to the project topic area, and an advanced degree (masters, PhD) in the topic area (or 8 years of experience in lieu of an advanced degree)
• Preferred Experience: Previous experience writing or reviewing peer-reviewed publications and use of/familiarity with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Evidence Analysis Library, Nutrition Care Process, and Nutrition Care Manual.
Those wishing to apply should complete the online application by March 31, 2018.
If you are interested, contact email@example.com.