Oregon Academy Webinar: Elevating the Profession: Business and Management Skills – Fall 2014 House of Delegates
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Details:Join several dietetic practice group and affiliate delegates on Wednesday, September 24th, 2014 at Noon Pacific / 1pm Mountain/ 2pm Central / 3pm Eastern.
Business and management skills span all areas and levels of practice and help elevate the profession of nutrition and dietetics. Without business and management skills, RDNs and DTRs do not have the expertise needed for advancement beyond entry level jobs. Management skills “are mandatory, not optional, in every area of dietetics practice” “Development of management and leadership skills should be woven throughout the fabric of our didactic and supervised practice curricula of our future practitioners, not isolated in foodservice management courses or experiences. Enhancement of these skills should be an essential component of our continuing professional education”. Management provides RDNs and DTRs opportunities to “see and seize the chance to step up and lead.”
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
1. List and discuss the compelling reasons for professionals to consider business and management skill development a priority.
2. Develop strategies to utilize, expand and sustain business and management skills.
3. Apply business and management skills in all areas of practice.
4. Recognize, seize and create business and management opportunities.
The webinar has been approved for 1 hour CPEU.
Title: Elevating the Profession: Business and Management Skills – Fall 2014 House of Delegates
Date: Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 AM PDT
Use the link below to register.
You can copy and paste the following link for the handout:
Contact:Oregon Academy Office